Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Add google IP addresses as trusted senders

Hi,

How do I add google IP addresses as trusted senders on sonicwall? I dont have experience with sonicwall and this is my first post on this forum. I hope I can find some answers :)

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @NIKMA,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Could you please explain for what type of traffic (SMTP, HTTP(S), etc,.,) you wanna add google IPs as trusted? If you can explain me the scenario, I can suggest better ways.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• NikMaNikMa Newbie ✭

Hi Saravanan,

I just had e meeting with the supplier who is going to install a cash register system. There was a misunderstanding between us. They were saying that I should open on the firewall so that the source addresses (google cloud servers) can reach on some particular ports the inside systems. It was not about adding google's IP as trusted senders somewhere on the firewall. Anyway thank you for your quick response.

Have a nice day :)

Hi @NIKMA,

Thanks for your response. Good that we corrected and understood the scenario before providing suggestions. If your are planning to allow Google Cloud Servers from external to few devices on internal network behind SonicWall firewall, we could do that and we call it as Port Forwarding. Allowing certain ports for all IP's or specific IP's to inside network from external network is termed as Port Forwarding or Opening Ports.

Based on your previous comment, it looks like you need help with above mentioned.

To get you more clarity on the part that I explained below, please follow the below web-link for more understanding on the scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• NikMaNikMa Newbie ✭

Hi Saravanan,

Is port forwarding the only way to let the external hosts communicate with the internal devices or can I solve this also by creating access rules to allow the traffic to pass through from the wan interface to inside devices?

Hi @NIKMA,

Access rules would work if you have your internal devices configured with public IP address(es) directly on them. If you have private IP address(es) configured on the devices, then NAT must be involved to translate from public IP's to private IP's on the required ports.

Hope this is clear. Please let me know for any questions.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• NikMaNikMa Newbie ✭

Hi Saravan,

We have tested now with the access rule and NAT policy in place but it is not working.

Here is the scenario. We have an external server with ip (just an example IP): 20.20.20.1 which needs to connect to the inside host on ip (192.168.1.10/24). The firewall public IP address is 10.10.10.1.

The inbound NAT Policy is this:

On the Translated destination we have the internal IP which is 192.168.1.10/24.

The Access rule is this below:

I have specified the external hosts.

The connection from these external hosts is still geting refuesed (regarding the supplier). Is this setup correct?