Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

May I know any Nsa Model support reverse proxy feature?

I am using Nsa2650 as the Internet firewall

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @AndyLam no NSa/TZ supports reverse proxy, can only be done with SMA if you wanna stick with SNWL on that topic.

--Michael@BWC

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @AndyLam the SMA 6200 is part of the 1000 Series (counts for all 4 digit models).

I cannot offer an answer to that specific question about ADFS etc. because I'am not that deep into the MS world. But maybe SAML could be an option to authenticating. Some more MS-smart person needs to chime in here.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• AndyLamAndyLam Newbie ✭

May I know if Secure Mobile Access 6200 (SMA6200) support reverse proxy?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @AndyLam yes SMA 1000 Series isn able to act as a Reverse Proxy, but I'am not sure if this counts for anonymous connections as well. Depending on your scenario having an additional layer of authentication before reaching the published application is a good thing, but if you just wanna publish a public site it's a no go. For that matter I would always go with a NGiNX.

On the SMA 100 Series anonymous (non authenticated) connections to a Web Resource are only available when the Web Application Firewall is licensed.

--Michael@BWC

• AndyLamAndyLam Newbie ✭

Indeed we have Secure Mobile Access 6200 in our environment, Not SMA 1000 series? To share you more background, we need to deploy the ADFS server in the server farm and setup either a WAP or make use of the existing device for the reverse proxy for the new MS Azure VDI connection. Since I am new to Sonicwall product, do you know SMA6200 can serve for the reverse proxy purpose?