Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA 100-series - 10.2.0.1 Device ID messed up

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

without any hint in the Release Notes, it seems that the gathered Device ID for Device Management changes between 10.2.0.0 and 10.2.0.1 which causes trouble if approval method is set to manual and no admin on hand to approve.

It affects at least Windows clients, testing with an iPhone kept the old Device ID.

This is caused by the updated version of SMAConnectAgent.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Comments

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @BWC

As we have also upgraded to this new mod level we are also tracking your concerns.

Best S.

• This is already fixed in 10.0.0.4 or 9.0.0.7, we check WMIC netbios serial number.

Please open a new support ticket so that I can check with engineering. since this is fixed and I did move the DTS to closed ..but we need to check on 10.2.0.1 patch.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

The results of my further testings are inconclusive. It seems that it is somewhat related to the endpoint if the Device ID differs between SMAConnectAgent Versions.

I tested with Agent 1.1.25 (10.0.0.3), 1.1.27 (10.2.0.0) and 1.1.29 (10.2.0.1) and for my Windows PC the Device ID was always the same. But for another system the DeviceID changed. I guess the longer Device ID was generated with 1.1.27 (10.2.0.0) and the shorter one with 1.1.29 (10.2.0.1).

--Michael@BWC

• HI,

This issue is fixed already with latest versions.

We use the tool : WMIC to get the serial number, if you still have issues with 10.2.0.1 please open a support ticket, this sounds like an issue with Connect Agent.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME