Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ270w intermittent sync to Internet

dherbergdherberg Newbie ✭
edited March 2022 in Entry Level Firewalls

I have been working on this issued since the 9th of this month. I have a new SonicWALL TZ 270w installed to help resolve intermittent connectivity to the Internet. Attached is the configuration page.

The ISP, Spectrum, has replaced the modem and according to them, there is a solid, uninterrupted signal.

Randomly, connection to the modem is dropped for anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes.

How do I resolve this?😓

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have logs showing the interface is going down? Are you on the latest firmware? Have you tried putting another firewall on the modem and seeing if it loses connectivity?

The TZ270 and 370 are known to be finicky.

• dherbergdherberg Newbie ✭

The "Interface" doesn't go down, just the connection to the modem.

I have attached the connectivity log for yesterday.

This is a new out of the box install.

That undefined "Finicky" opinion on a model that's been out for a few months is not real reassuring. Back up that thought with facts - I'm looking for solutions to the issues not an undocumented opinion. This represents about $600 investment in a solution for a small business that's struggling to stay in business due to COVID restrictions.

After the initial install, I loaded whatever the update to the firmware. ROM Version 7.0.0.9

For the record - I just finished a remote session with a SonicWALL tech. She confirmed all settings were exactly right.

She let me hanging with a parting comment of, "I have don't know why you cannot stay connected. Let me look at a few things." Mute button, 20 minutes later ... disconnected.

Think I'm a bit frustrated? That's pretty much an understatement.

• Hello @dherberg,

I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience. I've PM'd you. Can you provide your case number so we can escalate this issue?

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

PM answered

• Thank you. I have followed up internally asking that we continue to drive this issue until we have a mutual resolution.

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

This discussion has been closed.