Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Transparent interface NSv200 WAN side

Hello,

Is it possible to create a transparant WAN internface create on a VLAN? in my NSA3600 works like a charm, but in my NSv200 i doesn't see this option. Can anybody tell me of this is possible?

Category: Virtual Firewall

Answers

• HestronicbvHestronicbv Newbie ✭

Hello,

Is it possible to create a transparant WAN internface create on a VLAN? in my NSA3600 works like a charm, but in my NSv200 i doesn't see this option. Can anybody tell me of this is possible?

• @Hestronicbv,

The modes supported for WAN Interface on an NSv are static, DHCP, and wire mode. Could you please send us a screenshot of the configuration done on NSA 3600, just to confirm?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

This is a screenshot form the NSA

This is a screenshot from the NSv

• @Hestronicbv,

Yes, this is not a supported mode for WAN Interface. You can refer to page 258 in the guide below.

There are some new additions like PPPoE and TAP mode for NSv on the 7.0.1 release, but I don't think the transparent mode is supported even on the latest one.

It would be best to reach out to Sales and file an RFE (request for feature enhancement) on this one.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Oke thanks for reply.