Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Import renewed Certificate

FTI_SeniorAdminFTI_SeniorAdmin Newbie ✭
edited March 2021 in SSL VPN

I'm trying to import a renewed certificate to my NSA2650 for my SSL VPN connection and I'm struggling to get this in. I was issued a renewed certificate from DigiCert and it came to me as a PEM file. Now that would be great if I had a NEW signing request pending on my device since that's how I imported the first certificate.

How in the heck do I just get this renewed certificate to take the place of the existing one, or be side by side so I can pick the proper one for use on my SSL VPN configuration?

29 days remaining and counting. ;)

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Worked with DigiCert on this one and they had me create a new CSR and then have my certificate re-issued to that new CSR. That allowed me to import the renewed certificate into the device just as I did the first time.

I don't know if this is the best method, but it worked for me and I didn't need to know any special cert converting functions.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @FTI_SENIORADMIN,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Yes, what you followed is the right method to accommodate certificates on SonicWall for its web management and SSLVPN services.

Providing you one of the KB articles meant for the certificate import on SonicWall for your reference and the same may help you in future.

Appreciate your efforts in fixing the certificate issue.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services