Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Access to a single internet plus possible through NS3500

Hello to all,

It's been 3 days now that my network can't connect to a particular site and this with any machine. The following error "PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR" appears with Firefox while it is the following "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" with the other browsers. When I connect via 4G with my cell phone or directly to my ISP router, I can connect to the site in question without any problem. For your information, it is the site "www.post.ch" telebanking type site, which is hosted in https. The NSlookup of my DNS finds well the IP address, the sonicwall also. Could someone help me, the day of the payments arrive to we will be annoyed if we can not connect.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Category: WAN Acceleration

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

This is an RST packet sent from the internal host and since SonicWall is a stateful firewall, this packet is getting dropped on the firewall which is expected as RST packet terminates the TCP connection.

I think it would be best to reach out to our support team for further help on this. This definitely needs some real-time troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers

• Hello @Arkafigs ,

Welcome to SonicWall community.

Could you please try the suggestions given in the KB below?

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/unable-to-access-certain-websites-either-slow-or-completely-failing/170505518651695/

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• ArkafigsArkafigs Newbie ✭

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately the different procedures have not solved my problem. I still can't reach the desired website. I still get the same errors on the different browsers.

• I would suggest doing a packet capture to figure out what could be the issue.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-setup-and-utilize-the-packet-monitor-feature-for-troubleshooting/170513143911627/

You can use the source IP as the test machine that you are testing with.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

I did what you asked and I get the following packages every time:

*Packet number: 5*
    Header Values:
     Bytes captured: 60, Actual Bytes on the wire: 60
    Packet Info(Time:03/21/2021 14:44:36.256):
     in:X0*(interface), out:--, DROPPED, Drop Code: 23(Invalid TCP Flag), Module Id: 25(network), (Ref.Id: _4260_txGsIboemfJqQlu), 1:2)
    Ethernet Header
     Ether Type: IP(0x800), Src=[00:1f:fe:99:e7:e0], Dst=[00:17:c5:18:76:4c]
    IP Packet Header
     IP Type: TCP(0x6), Src=[10.12.200.3], Dst=[194.41.184.148]
    TCP Packet Header
     TCP Flags = [RST,], Src=[53489], Dst=[443], Checksum=0xd81b
    Application Header
     HTTPS
    Value:[0]
    Hex and ASCII dump of the packet:
     0017c518 764c001f fe99e7e0 08004500 002802ce 40007f06 *....vL........E..(..@...*
     ac340a0c c803c229 b894d0f1 01bb9211 ca139211 ca135004 *.4.....)..............P.*
     0000d81b 00000000 00000000                            *............            *

I looked to follow the following procedure:

But it still didn't solve my problem. The packets with the invalid TCP flag are identical...

Thank you very much for your help. I will look into it with them. Have a great day and take care of yourself.

• Thanks @Arkafigs. Have a good one!

Shipra Sahu