Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

AirPrint with Soho W

I have been unsuccessful getting AirPrint to work from WLAN to LAN. I’ve followed the official KB article along with some other suggestions from google searches, but to no avail. WLAN is the SonicWall wireless on subnet 172.16.31.0/24

I have allowed all traffic between WLAN / LAN and there are no issues accessing LAN from WLAN for file servers, printers, other resources etc. I can ping the printer from an iOS devices, but no AirPrint printers are found.

Current state of the Soho is just the changes from the KB article above applies, and the WLAN <> LAN access rule set to allow.

Any and all suggestions welcomed

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

The article you linked mentions enabling Multicast and allowing traffic to it, did you do that?

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @Pmaria,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Yes, you have followed the right KB article to achieve the setup as needed. Unfortunately, its not working with the right setup to be in place.

In this situation, if I were at your place, I would do packet capture on the SonicWall based on the Source IP address to see the Airplay traffic handling in the SonicWall. Please keep the below KB article as reference and perform a Packet Monitor/Trace/Capture on the SonicWall to identify the reason for the not working scenario.

Ether Type: IP

IP Type: TCP, UDP

Source IP: Specify the IP address of the Airplay device finding the printer

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services