Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSLVPN on NSA2650's

Howdy, all! Quick question...

Currently using AD-authenticated logins on our SSLVPN (NetExtender) connections. How can I prevent a login from an active AD user without disabling their account? Will adding the same username to the LOCAL users and mangling the password accomplish the same thing, or not?

Thanks.

Steve

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @STEVEBOTTOMS,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Preventing AD logins from Netextender connection? I believe the AD logins are allowed for only certain SSLPVN users to connect to the SonicWall using Netextender. Is this right? or Have you allowed all AD users to connect to the SonicWall? Please let me know so that we can help accordingly.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @SteveBottoms

did you tried to create a AD Group called something liike "SSLVPN Access" and have this group being a member of "SSLVPN Services". If no other Group or User belongs to "SSLVPN Services" you should have total control via AD over NetExtender Access.

I'am having deployments with several AD groups controlling the "VPN Access" by AD Group.

Hope this helps a little.

--Michael@BWC