Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firewall rebooting after joining NSM

I have an NSA3600 HA pair. Yesterday I changed my management mode from on-box to cloud to use NSM. I successfully acquired the firewall but for some reason after acquiring, it failed over to the secondary firewall and the primary is in an endless reboot cycle. I also can't manage it from NSM.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation ?

Category: Network Security Manager

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @nebula

I had this kind of situation with CSC-MA (predecessor of NSM, the announced migration never happened) where a stuck Scheduled task cause the permanent reboot, not sure that this could be the case here too.

--Michael@BWC

• Hi @NEBULA,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

There should be a single reboot observed on the firewall as the Cloud Server does Flow Server settings automatically once the firewall is acquired on the CSC/NSM. But there shouldn't be an endless reboot. If its endless reboot, this should be critical. Please approach our support team to take further assistance on this in real-time.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• nebulanebula Newbie ✭

I opened a case with Support. Will keep you updated on the outcome.

• AlanezAlanez Newbie ✭

You may not be in an endless reboot. I have a new TZ470W with NSM, but now it takes over 30 minutes to boot up locally. We changed the firewall to a Static IP remotely, which caused us to lose our internet connection. We only had one shot to do this and it didn't work, so I had to go onsite and change it back to DHCP. NSM really sucks when you have to login locally and it takes so long to log in. I'm hoping there's a setting that we missed, but SonicWall support is not very helpful with NSM questions.