Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert: (Cloud Id: 75889292) Artemis!D33034B8796D (Trojan) blocked

We have been getting a ton of this same blocked Trojan alerts across multiple Sonicwalls we manage but only from few PCs at each site. Looking for assistance determining if a false-positive.

Category: Firewall Security Services

Best Answer

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi GEEKSUNEEK,

Thanks for reaching out to SonicWall Communities.

I hope you are safe and doing well.

Based on your post, it looks like loads of GAV alerts across multiple SonicWall firewalls installed at various locations. I would like to understand a bit on this scenario.

Is this issue raised at the same time across all firewalls?

Is there a possibility that you could define what sort of traffics are being blocked by GAV alert on the firewalls?

If different sort of traffics seem to be legitimate and are blocked by firewall's GAV, then it could be possible false positive. In such case, please feel free to report the false positive by following the instructions as per below KB article web-link.

Hope this helps you!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Sadly there are no simple "Press Button" ways to report False Negative/False Positive's., whether they come from Sonicwall's UTM Firewall, Email Security or GMS.

This is a serious deficit really since it does not empower the ability of the Sonicwall administrator to easily and quickly present what are really "errors" in operation.

Sonicwall, please address with ONE BUTTON reporting to you. You already know all the SWL details so just collect the TSR and Export the config yourself.

Get the computer to do the work?

My two cents.