Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall Access Point

We have a new SonicWall TZ400W and a new Sonicwall Access Point 231c - we had issues with getting the 231 to connect and the techs changed a lot of settings; it was finally determined that the 231c was bad and they sent us a new one., I still have the 231c plugged into W6 WLAN and the IP address is listed in the Access Point as 172.10.6.240 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 - I setup both the 2.4 and 5.0 entities. I can access both of these but when I try to go to the Internet, it tries to bring up the SonicWall login. Since they made so many changes before, I just want to try to figure out what the correct schema is so I can get this customer working.

Category: SonicPoint
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @lemansgt,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Could you please disable Guest Services in Wireless zone? so that SonicWall won't throw it's login page for wireless users when they try going online.

Please refer below link for Screenshot references though the KB doesn't actuall talk about the WGS disable.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-manually-configure-wgs-wireless-guest-services/170505710848055/

Log into the SonicWall management GUI, navigate to Manage | Network | Zones; Click the Edit icon for the WLAN zone. The Edit Zone window is displayed.

Navigate to Guest Services tab and disable the checkbox, Enable Guest Services.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers