Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Transfer SSL & GVC License from NSA2400 to TZ500

Hi all,

I got a dilema (budgets involved) which is causing me headache! :D

We have a NSA2400 in use (running SonicOS 5.9.2.7 latest)

We have 15 GVC license and x32 SSL VPN License.

I need to buy another firewall to replace this, as the average 600kb connection speed for SSL VPN is beyond a joke (the office is on a 1Gb circuit).. I've read about the limitations and so on, so extreme slow speeds over SSL VPN is by design. (Have to use Netextender which installs from the firewall, as latest version from SonicWall is ....... !!!! )

So am looking at a TZ500 unit (have less than 35 users total)..

You guys aware of a process of being able to transfer the SSL license to that appliance ? (once i confirm that it is capable of handling a connection speed of at least 2mb per user!)....

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a 'Secure Upgrade' program which will allow you to purchase a newer firewall and transfer the old licenses to the new one. AS long as you have control over the existing unit's registration that would be your best option.

• Hi @STUARTUK,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Go ahead with SonicWall Secure Program to exchange your old SonicWall with a new one while you just pay for the difference. All existing firewall licenses will be transferred to the new one.

Please refer below link and it can get you more detail.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services