Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Allow VPN Server network to connect to VPN Client

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I have a VPN client connecting to the the VPN host on my SonicWall SOHO 250. The client can access other servers n the host subnet, but I have a particular server (Paragon Protect and Restore server) that I want to be able to fire a backup agent loaded on the client computer.

I'm not seeing how to allow any systems on the host side to "see" the VPN Client. Is this possible, or is there a better solution?

Thanks.

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @pjhunter,

Thanks for sharing the info.

With GVC or SSLVPN connecting to the SonicWall firewall, one way traffic from client to server works good. The other way around may not work always and treated to be unsupported. The server to client traffic flow can work if you are using SSLVPN client and connecting to a SMA box. But with GVC I doubt.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• Hi @PJHUNTER,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Are you connecting to the SonicWall firewall via SSLVPN client or connecting to any SMA appliance for SSLVPN access?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• pjhunterpjhunter Newbie ✭

I am connecting via the WAN GroupVPN using the Global VPN Client. No SSL. If I need to I can change to SSL VPN if that provides the host network to client functionality I am looking for.