Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

MySonicwall MFA Enforcement

Hi all,

Is there a way to ensure that all my Users are enforced to use MFA for their MySonicwall Account?

BR,
Bernhard
Category: Water Cooler

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Bernhard_Winter

you have to check them one by one, IMHO there is no global way to do it. It's the default for a while to have 2FA enabled and IMHO it got enforced but could be manually changed by the users themself.

--Michael@BWC

• Hi @BWC

Thanks for your reply, most of our accounts are a couple of years old, my hope was that a security company might consider a Global Enforcement of Security Settings ;-) If I remember it correctly the MFA Settings of users were visible in the old interface, had no luck in the new GUI :(

BR,
    Bernhard

Hi @Bernhard_Winter

you'll find it here: Settings -> My Account -> on the right side "zusätzliche Optionen" first option.

I assume yours is in part german as well :)

Schönen Sonntag.

--Michael@BWC

• Hi @BWC,

I'm aware of that, but it only shows the Option for my account, we have 13 Accounts on 4 locations as a mid sized partner. So i would have to check with everyone of them... I know one should assume that every employee always follows the compliance settings, but we all know that might not always be the case ;)

Und ja es ist teilweise deutsch :)

LG aus Wien

Hi @Bernhard_Winter

that's what I meant with one by one, you have to log in to each of them. Should wrote this in the first place, but my head is still spinning around some proper mitigation actions.

--Michael@BWC

• Luckily we don't have the 100 series in use. but yesterday some of our guys were pretty freaked out 😐️