Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Acceptable Use Policy for login on NSv 7.0

How do I configure a mandatory Acceptable Use Policy for management logins on a version 7.0 NSv270?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Hi @BSHORT,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

The Acceptable Usage Policy can be configured from OBJECT | Match Objects | Zones as shown below,

On the respective Zone, click on its Configure option and navigate to Guest Services tab; please enable the option "Enable Policy Page without authentication" by clicking the slider.

Click on the Configure option of "Enable Policy Page without authentication" to setup the Acceptable Usage Policy.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• bshortbshort Newbie ✭

That appears to be a policy page for users trying to access the Internet. "Guest Services allows you to configure a policy page for the users so that when users try to access the internet the policy page is displayed which they have to accept to be able to go online ."

I am looking for a policy page for people trying to manage the NSv itself.

I think this link describes what I am looking for under earlier versions of SonicOS.

• @BSHORT - I'll get back to you after checking on this.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• Hi @BSHORT,

Thanks for your patience.

Please check for the option Customization under DEVICE | Users | Settings and try it.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• bshortbshort Newbie ✭

My NSv270 does not have that option at least in the GUI. How can I try in CLI?

• @BSHORT - Could you please share the firmware version on your NSv?

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• bshortbshort Newbie ✭

SonicOSX 7.0.0-984-3a3437b5

• Hi,

what do you mean with "Use Policy" ???

For more than 20 years it was possible to IP-restrict access to sonicwall-devices, now this feature is gone ...

I can't believe ...