Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSM Login Loop

I just got started with NSM. I set my login timeout to -1 per the instructions to prevent a timeout. I stepped away for probably 15-20 minutes, and came back to "Session Expired" message telling me to log in again. I did, which loops back to the message. I even rebooted the NSM VM and then attempted to log on via a different computer (that's never logged into NSM) and get the same Session Expired error.

Anyone have any insight?

Category: Network Security Manager

Answers

• Hi @A_ELLIOTT,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Could you please share the on-prem NSM version?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• A_ElliottA_Elliott Enthusiast ✭✭

According to mysonicwall.com = 2.1.0

According to the console of the VM= Version 6.5.0 Build name 6.5.0-297

any thoughts before I call support? It's completely unusable now. (still)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@dpreshaw

Any suggestion?

• Hi @A_ELLIOTT,

As per my research, the issue is not reported before and should be reported to fix it permanently. Please approach our support team to get the issue reported and to fix it.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

@Saravanan

Thanks for the reply. I'm usually the one to find the "never-before-seen" bugs in things. :-)

I have opened a support case, #43590408. I'll keep this thread updated with the results in case anyone else runs into something similar. (although I see there's an update out for it now....)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Please keep us updated @A_Elliott

just throwing it out there, that support would only respond to me about once a week, generally calling after business hours. I got fed up and just re-installed the NSM and started from scratch. Looking at other options as my renewals are coming up.