Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ 570/670 Total Memory

Hello,

A customer is asking the amount of RAM Memory in TZ570/670 Models. I have been looking for in datasheet and live demo, but there is no information regarding this.

I would appreciate if someone knows about it.

Thank you.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Yuber_Sierra,

The TZ 570 and 670 both have 4GB RAM and built-in storage of 16GB. They also have an option to expand the storage to 256GB using external storage modules.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers

• Thank you very much for your fast response @shiprasahu93. That helped me a lot. !

• No problem at all. Glad I could help.

Shipra Sahu

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @shiprasahu93

there must be something wrong, my TZ 670 is having 32 GB and according to the datasheet the TZ 570 does not have built-in storage, cannot verify because I don't have a TZ 570 at the moment? Datasheet for TZ 670 is saying 32 GB as well.

Or does the mentioned 16 GB value refers to some other form of built-in storage which I'am not aware of?

--Michael@BWC

Or is it the primary storage which is shown as 8 GB on a TZ 670?

--Michael@BWC

• @BWC,

I knew these numbers since the beta started. Let me just double-check internally if the values have now changed. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• Both the TZ 670 and 570 have built in 32GB storage. You were right @BWC. Apologise for the mistake.

Shipra Sahu

@shiprasahu93 the datasheet says otherwise, TZ 570 no storage included, even the partner training mentions no secondary storag included. No word on the primary storage though.

• @BWC , the 570/670 both have 16 GB of eMMC but the 670 comes with 32GB of the secondary storage preloaded. The other TZ models have empty secondary storage modules. I get the confusion because we omitted the built-in storage from the datasheet.

@MasterRoshi to make a long story short, I guess we can conclude for 570/670

4 GB RAM

16 GB primary storage (*)

32 GB secondary storage built-in (TZ 670), up to 256 GB optional

(*) 8 GB available and 8 GB reserved

--Michael@BWC

• @BWC, all correct, except the last line that I am unsure about. There were slight differences in beta units vs full release units on that front and I only have beta units myself.