Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

DNS/DHCP wireless issues

I'm seeing an issue across a couple different sites. The previous IT guys installed SonicWALL Firewalls with Unifi Switches and WAPs. i'm running the latest firmware on all devices, sonciwall and UI. we have Pro WAPs and switches. BUT we are seeing very strange connection issues. computers get IP addresses but are unable to access the internet. or they have to switch back and forth between in main SSID and a guest SSID to get connection. I've seen this issue at two totally different locations, with different models of Sonicwall but similar UniFi hardware. Any ideas?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @Wes,

Are the wireless endpoints getting an IP address from the firewall or the Access Points?

Please make sure that you have DHCP turned ON on only either one of them and the DNS points to the right address in the DHCP scope.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• WesWes Newbie ✭

@shiprasahu93 Yes, wireless endpoints are getting an IP from the firewall from the DNCP scope set on the firewall. DNS is pointed correctly.

• @Wes,

While there is no internet access, are you able to ping 8.8.8.8 and only unable to access the websites? This is basically to understand if the issue is with DNS.

Also, what are the differences between the Main SSID and the guest?

I think we need some real-time troubleshooting to understand what the problem could be.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services