Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Virtual access points

I see our sonicwall is setup with 2 virtual access points and these 2 VAPs are in 2 seperate VAP groups accordingly. We're implenting PEAP soon. Both the groups and the individual VAPs appear to have the same setting options. Where do I apply the settings?

Category: High End Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

@DJHURT1 - Its better you apply the config changes to the VAP profile than applying it on the VAP group. Let us know if any difficulties in getting this done.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• Hi @DJHURT1,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Are you looking to club both the VAP groups into one? Because 2 VAP groups having same VAP profiles with same settings is equivalent to having 1 VAP group and using it on different places if needed.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭

I feel I should them as they are. I'm just confused on where to make the changes in settings. On the group or the VAP itself since they both offer the same setting options it appears. I don't know what the behavior is. If I make a change on the group does it propogate to the VAP and vice versa? I assume the changes to the group apply to the group members.

• djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭
    edited November 2020

I made a mistake. It is actually one group that the two VAPs are included in. The interface was a bit confusing. It lists the two VAPs under "Virtual Access Points" and again under the "Virtual Access Point Groups". So I'll assume that regardless where settings are changed, they are applied on the same object so to speak.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @djhurt1,

Were we able to answer your question?