Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to configure a SonicWall TZ400 as a router behind a FritzBox 7590.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to configure a SonicWall TZ400 as a router behind a FritzBox 7590? Exposed Host is configured on the FritzBox.

The Ftitzbox has IP Adress 192.168.188.1. The Exposted Host is configured on IP Adress 192.168.188.2. Port X1 is also configured with IP Adress 192.168.188.2.

I have looked at various communities, also at the SonicWall Community and tried various possible solutions, but I can't get it working. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@J_de_Haan_2020 model 7590 is for Cabel Internet. You have no connection Port on the Firewall for cable.

So this is the best way to use full sonicwall security services by redirecting to with exposed host function.

Keep in mind that WLAN on the Fritzbox then is outside the LAN Zone. And don´t plug in other LAN connection in the Fritzbox directly.

And have a look for managment of the Fritzbox from WAN side. Maybe you need this Port on the Firewall´s WAN Port too.

--Thomas

Answers

• Hi @J_DE_HAAN_2020,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community. 

Are you planning to use TZ 400 as a router or insert TZ 400 into the existing network without changing the network setup but still make use of the TZ 400 as a firewall applying security policies and terms? Please explain and we can provide appropriate suggestions.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @J_de_Haan_2020

Was your question answered?