Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA 500v on Proxmox VE

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

despite the sunny weather I was trying to get the SMA 500v running on Proxmox VE 6.1, which seems to work to my surprise. Because trial licenses are rare these days I will not go further at the moment.

Is anyone using this in a productive environment, even it's not supported by SonicWall? Maybe it's a valid alternative to all who are not having Hyper-V or VMware because of Hardware compatibility issues etc..

--Michael@BWC

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

Sorry, unfortunately we've tried to deploy SMA500v on Proxmox VE, however I will email PM and engg to take a look and we'll take it up if many customers use this environment .

As of now its not supported, we can use SMA500v on ESXi, Hyper-V, AWS and Azure platforms..

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• Please talk to sales and file an RFE..

we need a RFE along with detailed requirements and deal size to take this “SMA 500v on KVM” query for ENG review.

Vijay Kumar KV

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Vijay_Kumar_KV

thanks for the reply, but I was using Proxmox just as for a test, it works so far. Maybe some more active Proxmox users can forecast some demand, I'am more VMware centric at the moment. But Proxmox is a very interessting platform and can save some major bucks for smaller deployments.

--Michael@BWC

• We'll review in upcoming version if we have more customers, I have updated PM & Engg to review it

Vijay Kumar KV