Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA500v Firmware Upgrade ?- Version Numbers.

Seems confusing... A regression ? 10.2 - -> 10.0 ... Shouldn't the levels be going up?

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• Hello Halon5 -

You will see a link for additional software versions in there, and then you will see there are two major branches of software being updated over the last year or so: 10.0.0.x and 10.2.0.x ; the latter has added features documented in the release notes docs which are posted near the download.

I hope this helps. - John

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited March 2020

JOHN_LASERSOHN Thanks for the reply.

Well it would be nice if it had been made more clear somewhere that the release chain had forked.

Noticed there are fixes for issues in 10.0.0.4 that we have seen in the 10.2 release.

• thanks for posting this. i switched to teh classic interface on mysonicwall and actually its even more hilarious. There are three different "current" firmware branches. LOL.

and 9.0

why god why.... unless you are removing features, i dont get why you would have so many branches.

however it seems like you can update between then with no issues. i am at 10.2.0.0-14sv now. Noticed that there is now TLS 1.3 support but most other things look unchanged.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

@EOL_SONICWALL ,

Yes, there needs to be some announcements for such things.

Perhaps in this community forum with a STICKY ! LOL.

I'm getting to like the new interface(s).

Hats off to the art department. .. :)

• Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• Let us know if you still any questions, this KB should give lot of info

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME