Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SRA EX6000 to SMA 410

Hello Folks,

I am totally new to SonicWALL and I have a SMA 410 device to configure. My doubt is, is it possible to import settings exported from SRA 6000 (.aea format)to SMA 410 ?

Thanks

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @manicaps1

I'am not aware of any migration tool and I highly doubt that something like this exists, because both products are totally different from the inside.

Aventail (SRA EX, SMA 1000-series) is much more flexible, but needs more work to fly. SMA 100-series is a bang for the buck.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• manicaps1manicaps1 Newbie ✭

Thank you

• SimonSimon Moderator

Hi @manicaps1

@BWC is correct - there is no tool to convert these configurations.

This is mainly because they take entirely different approaches to the SSL based remote access capability. They share very little in common. The things they have in common, like EPC engine, are entirely implemented in different ways.

Yeah, go it!

Is it possible to replace the existing SRA EX6000 with SMA 410. The options & configurations in SRA EX6000 is entirely different in SMA410. For Ex - SRA EX6000 has options called Resources and Access control but SMA410 it is policy which cannot be matched with the configurations in SRA EX6000.

Folks,

Is it possible to replace the existing SRA EX6000 with SMA 410? I am looking to do the same configuration which is available in SRA EX6000 to SMA410. The options & configurations in SRA EX6000 is entirely different in SMA410. For Ex - SRA EX6000 has options called Resources and Access control but SMA410 it is policy which cannot be matched with the configurations in SRA EX6000.