Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Configure SonicWall to allow ICMP traffic

LucasLucas Newbie ✭
edited October 2020 in Entry Level Firewalls

Dear support

The ICMP traffic is blocked in sonicwall to external IP. How do I configure to allow ICMP traffic to ping external IP and get a png echo request at the PC.

rgds

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

Answers

• dbeatodbeato Newbie ✭

By default ping from LAN to WAN is allowed on Sonicwall. If the server you are trying to ping does not accept ICMP or ping requests it will not work for you. For this, is the traffic coming to the Sonicwall or getting out of the Sonicwall to an external server?

• LucasLucas Newbie ✭

Hi Dbeato

Thanks for your reply, the server is external eg. www.yahoo.com. I have no problem reaching the yahoo website or other websites. The problem is that the ICMP traffic is dropped at the sonicwall firewall and thus not able to ping external IP like 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1, ...etc. I have checked thru the firewall policy and cannot find any problem that the ICMP traffic has no reply echo.

rgds

• LucasLucas Newbie ✭

Hi AJISHLAL / SHIPRASAH,

Thank you so much for your advise, after clear the low priority check I'm now able to ping and trancert at the PC.

rgds

• @Lucas,

Glad we could help. Have a good one!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• hamodhamod Newbie ✭

ave same issue and have do exactly as instructed above but cannot ping outside public ip address such as 8.8.8.8. Kindly assist