Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Migrate from TZ300 to TZ570

Hello everyone, the matrix shows the TZ300 settings will migrate over to the TZ570. When I export my settings, OS 6.5.4.6-79n, there is no option to choose the TZ570 firewall to migrate the settings to with the Sonicwall migration tool. Am I missing something?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I have never used the migration tool (I thought that was for non-SW to SW). I simply export the configuration from the old device and then import the configuration into the new one.

Note that some settings may not transfer as you expect.

I'd suggest generating the TSR so that you can have a readable format of the configuration and check that everything is set the way you want it afterwards (tedious, at best).

Hope that helps...

• Awesome! Thanks Larry!!

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I am going to retract my previous statement because it is completely and utterly wrong!

Exporting a Gen 6 file and importing to a Gen 7 device is a sure way to ruin a SonicWall (never mind causing you endless hours on the phone with Support).

For a rough guide, use the Migration Tool to go from Gen 6 to Gen 7, export the TSR to be able to read the setttings. Then wipe it out, start over, and build the Gen 7 device manually. The time you take up-front will be recaptured later with fewer calls to support...

• Simon_WeelSimon_Weel Enthusiast ✭✭

My experience is the opposite? We had a TZ400 and bought a TZ470W. The old one ran 6.5 and the new one version 7. Exported the configuration from the TZ400 and imported it into the TZ470W without any issue....