Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Connecting SONOS or other music streaming device

Not sure this is the correct category for my question, but can anyone help me connect a SONOS device to my TZ300w router WIFI network? I'm sure there is a setting somewhere on the router preventing my SONOS device from connecting wirelessly.

Thank you,

John

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @AKJohnC,

Welcome to SonicWall community.

Are you unable to connect the SONOS to the wireless network or once connected, the streaming is not taking place?

I checked some SONOS related articles online and found that one of the things missing could be multicast support. Please enable multicast globally and on the interface level (LAN and WLAN interfaces) under MANAGE | Firewall Settings | Multicast. You can use the option 'Enable reception of all multicast addresses' under Multicast policies.

Also, please make sure that the LAN to MULTICAST and WLAN to MULTICAST access rules are all set to allow.

You can refer the KB article below for the same.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• HVOHVO Newbie ✭

Could you also please explain how to do following (second part of the above advice):

please make sure that the LAN to MULTICAST and WLAN to MULTICAST access rules are all set to allow.

Just replaced an TZ205 with in SOHO 250.

Thanks!

• Hello @HVO,

Please navigate to MANAGE | Rules | Access rules. Type MUTLICAST in the search box and it would show all the access rules pointing to MULTICAST zone. Make sure that the action on all access rules from LAN to MULTICAST and WLAN to MULTICAST is set to allow.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• PhilR714PhilR714 Newbie ✭

I know this is an old post but does the same apply when the Sonos amps wired to the network?