Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

10Gbps SFP+ to server

HIS_DanielHIS_Daniel Enthusiast ✭✭
Hello, first post here and relatively new when it comes to 10gb networking so please bear with me. I have a customer who is preparing to upgrade networking equipment and servers. I will be quoting a new SWS14-48 switch for them. The server they are getting has a Supermicro board with built-in 10gb rj45 ports. I am wanting to run a CAT6 patch cable between one of the SFP+ ports on the switch to one of the 10gb ports on the server.
Am I correct in assuming that I will need one of the following for the switch: 02-SSC-1874 SONICWALL SFP+ 10GBASE-T TRANSCEIVER COPPER RJ45 MODULE and then plug the patch cable in between the switch and server?

Thank you!

Category: Switches

Best Answer

Answers

• HIS_DanielHIS_Daniel Enthusiast ✭✭

Awesome! Thank you for your assistance!

• Glad I could assist. Have a good day ahead!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• acohen32acohen32 Newbie ✭

I did an extensive amount of research on this topic, including spending time speaking with SonicWall support. We're using the NSa 2700 and all SonicWall switches. We're using fiber to connect to either connect the switches to each other, or to uplink to the NSa. The following adapter, available on Amazon for $40, is functionally equivalent, and compatible, with the official SonicWall device (that costs close to $1,000):

Dell - SFP+ Transceiver Module - 10 Gigabit Ethernet (407-BBOU)

We are actually using these adapters and they are working well. It was really cool to look at the Interface display on the NSa 2700 and see it showing a 10GB connection. I had never seen that before.

• @acohen32,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It was wonderful to hear that it works perfectly.

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services