Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

6.5.4.6 - HA Monitoring IP addresses not reachable after update

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hi,

I've updated a NSA 3600 pair from 6.5.4.4 to 6.5.4.6 and High Availability Status shows everything in tippy toppy state and all in sync. But the dedicated monitoring IP address for the secondary is no longer available for management and even a ping does not get any response.

Is this a known thing for 6.5.4.6?

--Michael

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Hello Michael@BWC,

I could not find anything like this reported for 6.5.4.6 version. Best thing to try will be doing a packet capture and checking if the packets are reaching SonicWall or getting dropped due to some reason.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

partly my fault, I did not realized the IP addresses are different between the LAN subnets.

Two subnets on two interfaces (X0, X3) are part of the LAN Zone, Interface trust is enabled. I was running a ping from subnet A to subnet B monitoring addresses, this is only working for the primary (currently active) address, not the secondary. The icmp request just got lost, no block no nothing. Even a LAN-LAN ping rule for management traffic makes no difference.

But never mind, pinging from within the same subnet is working fine, it's just a glitch.

--Michael@BWC

• Got it. Thanks for sharing Michael. 😃

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services