Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Capture Client on Servers

Would anyone like to share their experience of rolling Capture Client out onto servers?

Any gotchas, things to be aware of?

Category: Capture Client

Comments

• Hello @SnoopW,

One of the most important things to look out for is the applications running on the server. Here is a KB listing Capture Client Interoperability With Third Party Applications. I would suggest to identify the important applications and making sure that the necessary settings are configured as per the KB below on the policy to be applied on the servers.

We also have some articles specific to the type of server. For example, for Microsoft Exchange server, the following KB can be used.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @SnoopW

a while back I tested CC on a W2K12R2 Server running a DNS service, WebThreatProtection messed it up pretty hard, don't know if this still occurs. No other major problems so far with CC 3.x on a single test server.

--Michael@BWC

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a CC POC with win2K12R2 and faced issues/bugs and reported to the SonicWALL back end team accordingly.

One of the latest bug noticed that while strengthening the cipher suite and TLS protocol in the web server, Server CC lost the connection to the cloud interface and received the below error message.

Ø curl failed: 'error 35 (SSL connect error): 'schannel: initial InitializeSecurityContext failed: SEC_E_ALGORITHM_MISMATCH (0x80090331) - The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm”.

Recommendation: Before applying/installing to the production server, Install and tune it in the development Server.

• skesarwaskesarwa SonicWall Employee

Please look into the release note for CC support on any server.

Let me know if are encountering any issue for CC on Servers.

Thanks & Regards.

Santosh.