Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

On-Prem syslog Analytics License question

For firewall TZ500 SKU is 02-SSC-3943? for one year license?

So it is a yearly subscription based?

If I would like to Add External mount disk for syslog Analytics

Does it has disk capacity license limitation?

For product "On-Prem syslog Analytics" 

It is Unit-based? Usage-based? or Subscription based?

I just got confused!

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    IstvanIstvan Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Short answer: You don't need the second license that is fro Flow based operation.

The product is called Analytics 2.5 however in terms of operation and licensing it has two separate ways: Syslog based or Flow based or you can deploy both using two separate Analytics instance.

The one below is Syslog based Analytics subscription for one TZ500 available from version 2.5.

02-SSC-3943 SONICWALL ANALYTICS SOFTWARE FOR TZ500 SERIES 1Year

More firewalls should have their own Analytics subscription to be stacked on your Analytics instance:

This one is a Flow based Analytics license intended to cover one tenant (group of firewalls):

02-SSC-1503 SONICWALL ANALYTICS ON-PREM 500GB STORAGE LICENSE (it requires support services, too)

Flow based licensing gives daily limit in case of above example 500GB/365days= cca 1.36 GB/day. Data collection cycle restarts in every 24 hours. All data beyond the daily limit will be dropped. What it makes even worse this license is not stackable. Nonsense.

From technical point of view you're going to chose which Analytics engine will work under the hood at the time of installation according to which license/subscription you bought.

GMS can be better choice for flow based reporting (and it provides you the centralized management, too) but I have no first hand experience with either of them so I can not tell you what are the differences between reporting capabilities of GMS and Analytics.

Considering other factors (CAPEX/OPEX) SonicWall cloud services based NSM and Analytics can be the winner (adding CAS/Shadow IT capabilties as well).

Regards,

István

Answers

• @TomChou,

This is tenant based and also usage dependent. This is not subscription driven as well.

Please refer the following KB for more details.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• TomChouTomChou Newbie ✭

The current FAQ is for On-premise Analytics 2.0 

that only support flow-based and is usage-based.

My question is about On-premise Analytics 2.5

that can support syslog-base,does it also usage-based? 

But from the SKU :

02-SSC-3943 SONICWALL ANALYTICS SOFTWARE FOR TZ500 SERIES 1Year

It appears that it is Subscription based!

My further question is

If I would like to Add External mount disk for syslog Analytics

Does it have disk capacity license limitation? (500GB, 1TB,5TB,10TB,Unlimited)

• @TomChou,

I apologize, that's my bad. So, I checked with a customer service representative and found that the Analytics is subscription based with options like 1 year, 2 years and 3 years. It is also tenant based and usage driven.

This KB should be more useful.

Also, for the disk capacity, please refer to the question 'How does the licensing and pricing for on-prem Analytics work?' and it's subsection on the KB above.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• TomChouTomChou Newbie ✭

The syslog Analytics is subscription based with options like

1 year, 2 years and 3 years. It is also usage driven !

So if I want my TZ500 to run syslog Analytics

I need this SKU:

and also need this SKU ??

02-SSC-1503 SONICWALL ANALYTICS ON-PREM 500GB STORAGE LICENSE

Please confirm for this.

Thanks

• I repost last question

So if I want my TZ500 to run syslog Analytics

I need this SKU:

and also need this SKU ??

02-SSC-1503 SONICWALL ANALYTICS ON-PREM 500GB STORAGE LICENSE

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@QUANTAMEDICAL if you wanna go Syslog Analytics you just need the first SKU.

--Michael@BWC