Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

What Causes "Phone Line is Busy" on a windows client

JohnMillerJohnMiller Newbie ✭
edited May 2020 in VPN Client

Hello all. New to this discussion board, so I apologize if it takes a few posts to get all the necessary info to you on this question. I have seen this error a few times when someone tries to connect to our SMA6200 using the Connect Tunnel Client: "VPN Connection Failed The phone line is busy." Sometimes a reboot corrects the issue, but it usually takes a WINSOCK reset. Does anyone know what causes this situation?

Thanks - John

Category: VPN Client

Best Answers

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller Newbie ✭

Hi Shipra,

Thanks for the information. Doing a quick search has not provided a path to this bug ticket. Can you send me a link to it?

Thanks - John

• JohnMillerJohnMiller Newbie ✭

Thanks Shipra! I think I am satisfied now and don't need to open a ticket with support. Have a wonderful day!

• I am glad I could help! Have an amazing day ahead! 😀

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• mgd3117mgd3117 Newbie ✭

SHIPRASAHU93 - Could you share that MS Ticket with me as well - we are experiencing the same issue here.

• Hello @mgd3117

The MS ticket was an internal ticket between SonicWall and Microsoft which is already closed. I would suggest contacting our support team. If this issue is still ongoing, we can work ahead in resolving this problem.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Poorni_5Poorni_5 SonicWall Employee

Hi @JohnMiller ,

I encountered the same issue on my laptop, fortunately a reboot fixed the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Poornima.T.R

• Folks,

we had a same issue with SMA1000 series.

Here is the Microsoft bug ticket FYI # (MS: 11467844)

Here is the Sonicwall Bug FYI # 182114: Connect Tunnel throws "Phone line Busy" error after frequent connections on Windows 10  

This is MS issue...

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• AWBAWB Newbie ✭

One workaround I've used, rather than re-installing the CT client ,is to remove the "WAN Miniport (PPPOE)" network adapter under Windows Device Manager. Then get Windows to rescan for plug and play devices so the Miniport driver gets re-installed.

• The above workround should work fine, we can try with Connect Tunnel with Device Guard (DGCT) and this should work fine w/o that error...

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME