Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

tz-600 multiple ip adresses

Helo, first sorry for my enaglish. I have a tz-600 firewall, with 3 internet uplinks, and one of them has 5 ip adresses, i've tried to use the toher adresses, but they not working. If I set one of them to the them's port, that ip is alive, but the others cannot be ping, or reach from the internet. I tried this article:

but isn't working, semms like the only one ip is aviable in same time. The ISP's modem have 4 ports, I 've tried to used them, but ' can't set to other ips with differents x ports, because the subnet mask is same for all, somebody have any idea?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @nagyjan,

Welcome to SonicWall community.

When you assign an IP on an interface with zone WAN, based on the subnet mask all other usable IPs also get bound to that interface.

So, other 4 IP addresses associated to that WAN interface can directly be used for port forwarding. What exactly do you want to forward the traffic too? Do you have any internal servers that should be reachable using those usable IP addresses? If you forward specific services to an internal address, you should be able to reach them from the internet.

The KB article that you have referred to is for HTTP/HTTPS management. Have you included Ping in the service group in the rules created?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• nagyjannagyjan Newbie ✭

Thanks for the answer, i know the KB article referred fot the management, but i think that article i a good for the start. I forwarded everything as well, i think, and today I found the solutions, the kb article not containing a very important step: make a routing rules from the other ip adress objects to that wan port what they use it, after i created that, averything is working as well. Thanks for the advice.

• Good to know. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services