Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

An email from SonicWall with pre-release information - that's almost unheard of! SonicOS 7.1.2

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Cafe Tech email arrived this morning and for September 12, the topic is:

SonicOS 7.1.2 Simplifies ZTNA, Integrating it Into SonicWall Firewall

Suggest all partners and providers subscribe to see what is going on:

https://www.sonicwall.com/event/sonicos-7-1-2-simplifies-ztna-integrating-it-into-sonicwall-firewall/

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes, a full day after release and the latest firmware editions, including 7.1.2, have appeared in MSW.

Even the Technical Documentation site has the release notes for 7.1.2 and an entry for the Cloud Secure Edge Feature.

Answers

• SemRungisSemRungis Newbie ✭

Support told us : The firmware release for SonicOS version 7.1.2 is expected to be made available on the 16th of July

• SemRungisSemRungis Newbie ✭
    edited July 16
  • Simon_WeelSimon_Weel Enthusiast ✭✭

I thought we were waiting for a stable 7.1 release?

• A_ElliottA_Elliott Enthusiast ✭✭

It says 7.1.2 is available now for all Gen7 devices, but the download is nowhere to be found… I was going to be brave and test it out in the lab.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16

And this afternoon, July 16, I received an email that states:

Dear Valued Partner,

SonicWall is releasing new firmware for Gen6 NSv and Gen7 TZ, NSa, NSsp, and NSv tomorrow. This firmware includes critical security fixes and other key updates and should be applied immediately.

If you or your customers are running older firmware, it is important that you perform the upgrade and treat this notification as urgent.

Below are the recommended releases:

• 6.5.4.4-44v-21-2457 (for Gen6 NSv) - (web posting 7.17.2024)
    • 7.0.1-5161 (Gen7) - (web posting 7.17.2024)
    • 7.1.1-7058 (Gen7) - Available now in MySonicWall.com
    • 7.1.2-7019 (Gen7) - (web posting 7.17.2024)

Thank you for your partnership and efforts responding to this important firmware update.

But there are no (absolutely zero) links to any information about this "important" update.

/edited to remove atrocious HTML extraneous text that I inadvertently copied over /

@Community Manager - is there a reference we can use before tomorrow? Because there is no way - at all - that I am blindly installing firmware updates.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Yes, it sounds like a critical update but they provide only one day advance notification and no details about what the issues are and will it be published on the PSIRT website.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

7.0.1-5161 is available on MSW and it comes with lengthy release notes addressing a bunch of issues.

—Michael@BWC