Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Please get the code from your bind App. ???

jlackmanjlackman Newbie ✭
edited January 2023 in SSL VPN

Is there any way to update this verbiage? This has to be the dumbest notification I've ever seen on a user facing system notification.

What average user would know what a "bind App" is? Why not just say authenticator?

Even the MFA for this community forum says "Please enter the code from your Microsoft/Google authenticator app". That actually makes sense.

But for the user facing VPN, we ask for a "Bind App" like it's 1999 and we're on a UNIX system. I bet there are thousands of users worldwide every day going to their IT department and asking "what's my bind app".

Jonathan

edit; typo

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• nspnsp Newbie ✭

Hi

This is indeed very annyoing text. Did you find this option yet? I couldn't find it...

Greetings

Nicolas

• jlackmanjlackman Newbie ✭

There is no option to change this message. I've chased it down with Sonicwall, and our support vendor. This has to be one of the dumbest, most user unaware UI designs in public use. Like my original comment, about 80% of users are going to be super confused by the "bind app" terminology.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

It could also do with giving a clickable URL the user needs to visit in order to bind. That would speed things up.

• nspnsp Newbie ✭

Shouldn't be hard to add this feature. Hopefully they can change that with a future update... not sure if they ever read this forum though...

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager Administrator
    edited July 2023

Hi @jlackman and @nsp,

Thank you for your comment. We are currently working with the product owner regarding your feedback. Your suggestions are invaluable in helping us improve our products and services. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

• nspnsp Newbie ✭

I appreciate your comment! Looking forward for this feature to be added! Thank you!

• jlackmanjlackman Newbie ✭
    edited September 2023

There is still no way to update, but at least this thread has received attention and an update from Sonicwall @Community Manager

• jakster145jakster145 Newbie ✭

I wonder how much good it's really doing when the managers of this community are "working with the product owner"…it's a year-and-a-half since this was posted, and I'm still being prompted to get the code from my "bind app".

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Regrettably, the @Community Manager has changed over the past 18 months. Perhaps pinging out now will help refresh the request to the Dev Team that this is an absurdity that should have been fixed/corrected a long time ago….

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager Administrator

Larry is correct. However, that is not an excuse on our end. Apologies for not circling back on this thread.

@jlackman, can you provide further information including the app that you are using and any screenshots that we can bring back to the product manager? We 100% agree with you and want to do all that we can to help drive this to a solve.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

At this point, I would guess that @jlackman might have moved to another vendor's product in the intervening months.

@Community Manager - you should have the requisite information available notwithstanding…