Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SonicWall TZ 570

Not sure if I choose the right 'range' for our firewall but the question is. It is setup in the Log - Automation to email the log daily at 5:00; however, it is emailing that log on average every 3 minutes. The 2nd section on that screen for 'Email Audit Records Automation' is set to email daily at 4:30 and it is working as expected, one email a day at 4:30. And the last section for the health check is working as scheduled. Anyone know why the first section schedule is not working and how to get it to start working correctly so my Inbox isn't full of these emails every 3 minutes?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    KevinLynchKevinLynch Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

@BWC Thanks for the help. I managed to cut the number of these emails by applying additional Frequency Filters.

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@KevinLynch I don't do much log automation via email, but my guess is that the log ring buffer gets filled up every few minutes and this causes the TZ to send out a new mail.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/cache-size-for-log-files-on-the-sonicwall/170503400650215/

—Michael@BWC

• Options
    KevinLynchKevinLynch Newbie ✭

@BWC If I were to stop the email automation for these types of logs, do you know how long they would remain on the SonicWall itself for review?

• Options

@KevinLynch there is no rule of thumb for that, it all depends how active your deployment is.

You might select the longest time frame to show the logs and scroll down, this should give you an estimate how long the log lasts for your appliance.

—Michael@BWC

• Options

If you're getting the same log entries over and over again, frequency is a good way to reduce it if no details needed.

—Michael@BWC