Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Facing internet fluctuation issue in sonicwall Tz600

Hi everyone,

I have deployed the Sonicwall firewall and am accessing the internet without any issues.

Currently, I am facing the issue of internet fluctuation when accessing the internet.

I have used two ISP links, and I have checked the failover load balancing.

In the load balancer, it's showing targets unavailable on both interfaces.

When I disable the load balancer on Sonicwall, the internet works fine, but when I enable the load balancer on Sonicwall, we face the fluctuation issue.

Both IP link pings are reachable from firewalls.

Also, I have connected an IP link to my laptop to check whether there is an IP issue or not, but on my laptop, I can use the internet without any fluctuations.

but when I terminate the IP link to the firewall and then access the internet, I am facing a fluctuation issue.

My access rules and static routes are proper.

If anyone knows the solutions, please let me know.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@AIjaz_9321 did you enabled "Probe responder.global.sonicwall.com on all interfaces in this group" on Group level or per Interface via "Logical/Probe Monitoring enabled" to which targets?

Did you tried an alternative Target like 8.8.8.8?

What is your failover type "Basic Failover" or "Round Robin" etc?

—Michael@BWC

• Options
    AIjaz_9321AIjaz_9321 Newbie ✭

yes I have use probe responder.global.sonicwall.com.

also I have set the alternative target as 8.8.8.8 but facing the same.

Currently failover configured as basic failover.

if I disable the failover then internet working fine for respected isp link.

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

That is really weird, if you define Main and Alternative Target to 8.8.8.8 with ICMP doess this change anything? Because it should be pingable all the time.

—Michael@BWC

• Options
    AIjaz_9321AIjaz_9321 Newbie ✭

In load balancing, the link status fluctuates most of the time.

Also, in status, it's showing target alive, but after some moments, it's showing target unavailable from failover load balancing for both links.

If you have any solutions, please let me know.