Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Sony BDP-BX370 - No internet

I have a Sony BDP-BX370 bluray player connected to the network behind a TZ400. It gets a valid IP, DNS and gateway but the player indicates No Internet.

I plug a laptop into same port, Internet works fine. So i tried a second brand new BX370 player, same problem.

with the player connected, i ran packet capture on the device IP and i see a lot of multicast packets dropped

DROPPED, Drop Code: 165(Multicast forwarding not configured), Module Id: 25(network), (Ref.Id: _9419_jcpfngOwnvkecuvRcemgv) 1:1)

not a single forward, generated or consumed item shows in the list.

I did change the settings to allow multicast on X0 and X1, then those Dropped packets are less and i see some traffic on port 80 flowing now (filtered on the IP of this device).

Am i on the right track allowing multicast on WAN and LAN interface in order to internet working for this 1 device? The default was off and I believe the same model BX370. but older firmware version on player firmware used to work fine.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The player trying to send multicast packets will not be how it reaches the internet, so that is a red herring.

Filter your capture to "dropped packets only", filter out multicast destination IPs and try again.