Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SSL VPN Can't Resolve DNS

SammySammy Newbie ✭

Hi.

I have a TZ 270 and have domain server (ip is 192.168.2.5). We are working hybrid (some times out of office, some times in office). Client can ping PC name instead of IP or can connect something.corporate.local services when work in office connected to local network. I mean can resolve the DNS. But can't do this when working with Sonicwal Mobile Connect/Netextender.

SSL VPN Client settings

Mobile Connect:

Is there any misconfigured for SSL VPN?

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

DNS search list. You need to add corporate.local to it so that clients know how to form DNS requests.

Answers

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sammy

First You would have to make sure the DNS Server IP can be in the client access list.

Then you have to navigate to the SSL VPN -->Client Settings-->Configure;

Then choose the Client settings and make sure the "Enable Netbios over SSLVPN" is enabled.

• Options
    SammySammy Newbie ✭
    edited March 22

@Ajishlal

Thank you for your reply. How can i make sure "DNS Server IP can be in the client access list."?

"Enable Netbios over SSLVPN" is enabled in my settings.

When client connected with WiFi and changing dns manually on phone/pc works but it's work only with wifi connection.

ROUTES in Sonicwall Mobile Connect confused me. Is there something wrong here?

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sammy

You can check the each user access rights what are the resource they can access and make sure the DNS server is added.