Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SSLVPN Default Device Profile is messed up, corrections don't take

dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭
edited March 20 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hi,

Noticed some strangeness on my TZ470

In Network / SSL VPN / Client Settings / Edit Device Profile:

The client routes have gone missing. Nothing there. So I set them up, again.

In Client Settings, the DNS server IP address is reversed. Should be 192.168.1.201. It's listed as 201.1.168.192. So I correct it.

When I make changes and click OK, it says Success.

But when I go back in, the changes are gone and they revert back to the above - missing client routes, and reversed DNS address.

What's going on?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Update your firmware to the latest 7.0 (or if ur willing to try 7.1). I've seen similar things on early versions of SonicOS 7.x.

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Kinda thought it was a firmware issue, although this is very disconcerting when you're a noob. Thought I screwed up again. On hold with tech support now.

I'm running SonicOS 7.0.1-5030

• Options

Support is going to tell you to update the firmware.

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

So we "fixed" this by setting the client route to X0 and the DNS server to 0.0.0.0, and save.

Go back in, settings still there (before client route said "no data")

Then put in the desired client route and DNS servers, and save. And it took.

Sounds like a bug to me.

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

So lemme ask a question......

I'm a noob (we all were at some point) so I work incrementally. Once I have something working, I'll hang a backup, so if I go on and screw something up, I can fall back to the last working configuration.

So the last thing I was working on before this latest weirdness is this....

Configure SSL-VPN for overlapping subnets (i.e. 192.168.1.0 on both sides)

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-ssl-vpn-netextender-for-clients-with-overlapping-subnet/170504796310067/ 

I may be new to Sonicwall, but not to the biz. Nope, not my first rodeo. I'd think after this many years I can follow instructions. But it didn't work, and then the weirdness began. Restored from a backup, but the weirdness persisted.

Which just begs the question...

This article is from 2021..... Was this reviewed recently for accuracy?

Thanks

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

And one other thing.....

What's up with these 2 entries in the SSL VPN IP pool, one of which I cannot edit? I noticed this after the article mentioned above.

• Options

Welcome to Sonicwall. Update your firmware before doing any configuration.

I do not work for Sonicwall so I cannot say if the KB has been updated. But I can only repeat myself so many times: update your firmware.

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

Yes sir. Tomorrow morning, first thing, lest everyone beat me over the head for taking down the Internet.