Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Has anyone got feedback on the SonicWall Security Health Check service?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I asked my Inside Territory Manager: "is there a SonicWall technical service [that] exists that can help me evaluate the [existing prospect's] settings to ensure there won’t be any disruption following migration to a Gen 7 device."

His response was the SKU 01-SSC-2050 "SonicWall Security Health Check for TZ 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx" with the accompanying description:

"Good to evaluate your current configurations, give you recommendation on changes, future deployments/upgrades. They will not configure the firewall for you though, they will just give recommendations or share KB articles"

Has anyone here taken advantage of this service for a cursory review to establish a prospect's baseline and derive the necessary effort to stabilize their technology for a Gen 7 migration?

I saw a TZ400 yesterday that was doing DHCP, LDAP (without an Active Directory server), and fail-over with two ISPs. The fact that this device was installed in 2018 with 6.5.1.3-12n and has no firmware updates since then is worrisome (to say the least).

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't even know it was a thing.

I wouldnt be too worried about the situation u are facing. I'd incrementally update the existing firmware before doing anything (but thats assuming thats an option).

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Tim, I appreciate that. I haven't landed this prospect as a client yet, so we'll see what happens (and how bad it gets).

And, of course, to use the Migration Utility to produce a Gen 7 file, the old device must be running the latest firmware.

At least I know it is doing cloud backups...