Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Tech Tip: Where can I find the product model and serial number for my Firewall?

KaranMKaranM Administrator
edited February 2020 in High End Firewalls

SonicWall hardware has a tag that will display the model number of your firewall product. The tag will be located on the front of your device usually in the bottom left or the upper right of your product seen in the attached product pictures below.

Serial Number

All SonicWall hardware has a tag that will display the serial number. The tag should be on the bottom or back of the device, depending on the exact model. You can also use the MySonicWall page see https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/where-can-i-find-my-sonicwall-s-serial-number/170811104130826/

Category: High End Firewalls

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

Tagged:

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

And if the appliance is not physically close to you, just log into the Management and check unter Monitor -> System Status, when deploying a new appliance I'll never check with the tags.

The System Status is especially useful if you have imported a configuration from a different machine, the S/N setting gets replaced with the one from the imported configuration under VPN and administration.

--Michael@BWC

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thanks @Stan!