Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Verizon cell phone not working with TZ470

Hi,

I have a problem with a Verizon phone not working over wifi when passing through the TZ470.

The TZ470 is wired - we have a wifi access point connected to it.

TMobile traffic gets through fine.

Verizon is being blocked.

Problem started shortly after the TZ470 went live. Before we had a Cisco router, no problem with Verizon.

Have there been any reported issues with Verizon traffic not getting through a TZ series firewall? A quick Google search shows similar problems. I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

What even is "Verizon traffic"? Is this about wifi calling?

• Options
    dbdan22dbdan22 Newbie ✭

Yes, Verizon cell phone over Wifi. The Sonicwall is blocking it, incoming calls go straight to voice mail, incoming texts never arrive. TMobile is unaffected. I've seen a few posts about it.

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

call Verizon's technical support, ask what firewall rules need to be put in place for Wifi Calling, change your security policy

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8

You can troubleshoot this yourself by doing a dropped-only capture for packets from the device in question, then create the relevant rules. But best to get the official list of what is required from the provider as MARKD says.

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@dbdan22 IMHO for WiFi Calling you only need to open UDP 500 and 4500 to the ePDG of your provider. If you allow ANY you should be golden.

Ruckus listed 233.sub-141-207-229.myvzw.com and wo.vzwwo.com in their Profile for Verizon.

There are some more information about 911 calls over here:

--Michael@BWC