Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Customizing the Login Page in generation 7 firewalls

Has anyone found a way to customize the login page ingen 7 firewalls? This was easy to do in gen 6 and we really need our company branding on the page. We also want to get rid of the SonicWall advertisement links on the side. Is this doable?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Y2KMAN the login screen is a bit pushy and IMHO not customizable, but at least the pooping bird is no longer flying around :)

You can only add a policy banner on the login page, which has to be accepted before logging in.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @y2kman

When you are using the UI7- (User Interface) on the Gen7 firewall you are limited to "PRE-LOGIN POLICY BANNER" customization. From the "diag" page you can switch to UI6 which will allow you to do the customizations that exist on Gen6 firewalls.

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@MustafaA UI6 is not supported and I would not recommend this to my customers, "Switching this option off will revert to SonicUI6 for debug only. SonicUI6 is not supported for Gen7 Appliances."

Or at leat turn it off when creating a Support Ticket :)

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Yes, @BWC . UI6 is not supported. I would like to propose this option as a means of meeting the customization requirement.

• Options
    y2kmany2kman Newbie ✭

Wow this is really sad news. Seems like they removed a userrful feature.