Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Capture Client Clean Up Tool

Where can I find this tool?

Category: Capture Client

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Edwin - That KB article has a Caution in it that states the following:

CAUTION:It is necessary to do clean uninstallation to avoid any Capture Client or SentinelOne files/registry traces left behind which will create issues later during the re-installation of Capture Client or SentinelOne. Please reach out to support if the uninstallation is incomplete It is imperative to do clean uninstallation to avoid any Capture Client or SentinelOne files/registry traces left behind which will create issues later during the re-installation of Capture Client or SentinelOne..

In other words - you MUST call support to get the clean-up tool. It is a dangerous utility; therefore, is not generally available.

Answers

• Options
    EdwinEdwin Newbie ✭

How to uninstall Capture Client and Sentinel One?

12/04/2023 

222 People found this article helpful

274,871 Views

How to uninstall Capture Client and Sentinel One? | SonicWall

When you see that 274,871 people viewed this and only 222 people found it helpful, then you know you still have some work to do. We have the problem that SentinelOne leaves all services behind after an uninstall. And that's why we can't reinstall the Capture client. And I can't find any decent documentation. But we do pay for an x number of licenses.

• Options
    EdwinEdwin Newbie ✭

Thank you, @Larry. I didn't read that correctly. By the way, we have a test environment where we can create a complete replica of the production environment. So, for us, it won't really be a risky utility. Nevertheless, I will get in touch with Support. Thanks again