Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

How to delete address object

I have an address object group, with no addresses in it which is odd. There are 4 auto added access rules for this group. I cannot delete the group because of the auto added access rules and I cannot delete the access rules because they are auto added. I cannot see anywhere else this address group is referenced. No NAT policy etc. Suggestions?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@djhurt1 I think it does not do any harm to have this option enabled just for the time getting rid of the unwanted rules and disable it afterwards.

There are only a few options on the internal settings page I'am comfortable with changing by myself because of the lack of documentation.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@djhurt1 is this an internal (default) Address Group.

Did you enabled "Enable the ability to remove and fully edit auto-added access rules" on the internal settings page? This should give you the ability to remove these rules.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭

@BWC

I did come across that option however I was reluctant to go that route if there was another way. I generally stay out of the internal settings page unless it's necessary since I'm a bumbling idiot when it comes to most of those settings.