Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Blocking IP/URLs with a TZ400

Hello all,

I've asked this question a couple times in different ways on this forum and each time there have been some good answers that I've run with. For this question I would just like to know what the best way to block traffic to an IP or URL would be.

My situation is this. I receive a weekly email from a vendor of collected malicious domain and IPs. I'm currently going into the content filter object and adding the address to the URL list objects section. I currently have 11,000 IPs and URLs that have been provided to me over the years and these are split up into 3 URL object lists and for each URL objects list I have to create a CFS profile object. Each URL list is full (5000 entries) to I'm continuously adding URLs and IPs to these lists and every year I have to create a new URL list and a new profile object telling it to block everything in those lists.

Is this the best way to do this or is there an easier way? I wish there was a way for me to point to one large txt file of all the URLs and IPs and just update that every week instead of have to check each week to make sure I've not went over the 5000 entry mark in the CFS URL Object list.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

dynamic and botnet are not same. dynmaic has limits of the device capacity. create a text file in the web server and give the access firewall interface and under the botnet menu show the path of text file. and block all url and ips.

Botnet setting details:

Deag Limits:

DEAG AND DEAO MAXIMUMS

Maximum DEAGs:

• The maximum number of DEAGs, including both IP address and FQDN types, is 25% of the total number of address groups supported by the device.
    • The maximum number of DEAGs that can be created cannot exceed the number of address groups remaining before exceeding the total number supported on the firewall.
    • For example, if a device supports 1024 Address Groups and you are using only 20 Address Groups, then 256 DEAGs (25% of 1024) can be created. However, if you have already manually created 1000 Address Groups, then only 24 DEAGs can be created.

Maximum DEAOs:

• The maximum number of IP address type DEAOs is 25% of the total number of address objects supported by the device.
    • The maximum number of FQDN type DEAOs is 50% of the total number of address objects supported by the device.
    • The maximum number of DEAOs that can be created cannot exceed the number of address objects remaining before exceeding the total number supported on the firewall.

DEAG setting details:

Answers