Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Lossing pakages in SSLVPN

GisazaGisaza Newbie ✭

Hey, I had a strange behavior in our SSLVPN, Users can connect and work every morning without a problem, however, during the day, they start to lose packages, at night SSLVPN works fine again, it seems like some activity in the network is generating noise. I thought that maybe a user's network was overlapping our network at some point, I followed the next instructions I found to avoid an overlapping issue, but nothing changed after.

Any idea what could be happening?

This is one example, a user connected around 9 am when our network was in full operation

And here the same user connected late at night when almost all people are out.

We are using a Sonicwall TZ 570 and we keep around 5 users connected through the SSLVPN during the day, all of them have the same behavior.

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    VivekVivek SonicWall Employee

Hello @Gisaza , What is the firmware version of the firewall that you are using ?

• Options
    GisazaGisaza Newbie ✭

Hi @Vivek I am using SonicOS 7.0.1-5111.

• Options
    VivekVivek SonicWall Employee

Hello @Gisaza - Thank you . I suggest two items:

1. Please upgrade the firmware to the latest Maintenance Release available in mysonicwall.com - the version is 7.0.1-5119
    2. Please ensure that your Nx clients versions are operating with the latest version 10.2.336.
  • Options
    GisazaGisaza Newbie ✭

Hi @Vivek okay, I'll try making the changes tonight. Thanks

• Options
    GisazaGisaza Newbie ✭

Still the same issue after updating the firmware.

Any other idea guys?

• Options
    GisazaGisaza Newbie ✭
    • I contacted support but they couldn't help me since the SonicWall monitor couldn't catch any missed packages (SSLVPN Users could see the missed packages when they made a ping but from the Sonicwall, all looked well). It was when I decided to check the MTU topic, so I adjusted the MTU value in the WAN interface settings, and it fixed the issue.
    • How can I determine the MTU size of WAN interfaces manually? | SonicWall
    • Thanks.