Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSA250 M SIP sessions

We have as NSA250M that acts as a firewall to many SIP endpoints. It has worked well for 2 years but recently we started experiencing dropped calls and call completion problems. I'm thinking that we may be running into a session limit on the NSA250M. Is there a limit to active sessions? I see 1000+ connections in Connection Monitor.

Thanks,

Kevin

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @GTINetworks,

Every device has a limit on maximum number of connections it can handle at any point of time. You can find that under System | Status section.

The connection monitor shows you the top 1000 connections. Could you please check if the CPU utilization is on a higher side?

Also, how many phones do you have behind the firewall? How many simultaneous calls are being made?

The best way to troubleshoot this would be performing packet capture during a failed call to see what really happened.

Thanks!!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• GTINetworksGTINetworks Newbie ✭

Thank you for the fast response. We have approximately 2000 phones behind the firewall. Not sure if I can tell how many simultaneous calls are happening.

CPU utilization is bounces between 20 and 40% on core 1 and core 2.:

Data Plane: 31.00%Control Plane: 32.00%

2 x 700 MHz Mips64 Octeon Processor

Does this mean I only have two cores, or are there more?