Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Group Policy or Exclusion for Devise Control

Is there a work around for Global Devise Control such that different policies can be applied to devise or user type groups? In absence of this, is there a way to exclude workstations/laptops/other ethernet mac addresses from the Global Devise Control?

Category: Capture Client

Best Answer

Answers

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello @GThomas ,

Unfortunately the Device control feature is completely a global setting at this time. Since it is granular enough to even block on the basis of Serial number it can be made very specific as to which USB devices are being blocked.

But I completely understand your concern. This is a perfect RFE candidate. I would request you to contact your Sales representative and open up an RFE for this option to be available on a policy level.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!!

Shipra Sahu

• Hello @SuroopMC,

I have received similar concerns earlier as well. I am sure this is possible with the steps you mentioned, but wouldn't it be easier to achieve this if this is a policy based setting?

Even I was curious if we have any plans to add this section on the policy level?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    It depends - most organisations that want to have group-specific rules will create group-specific policies. We are working on enhancements to simplify this process further
  • Perfect!

Shipra Sahu